12 Week S&C Plan
Why this program? The internet is awash with online strength and conditioning programs. This program has been specifically designed for cyclists. Most online strength and conditioning packages are purely designed with general hypertrophy in mind, meaning that you will get strong and possibly quite big, but that strength will not translate to strength on the bike.
WHAT YOU GET
- You will get a level of exercise variation that is unrivalled in the cycling strength and conditioning world.
- Each session logically progresses from the previous session, building on the base foundational movement patterns and integrating variation and challenges week on week.
- These sessions are designed to keep you engaged, focused and excited to work out.
- You will learn the correct form for every exercise.
- Your strength gains will help with resilience to injury.
- As a by-product of this you will start to look ripped without getting to bulky.
- You will increase your bone density, which is super important for Masters Cyclists.
Who is this for?
- Men and women who want to be the strongest they can be on the bike.
- Riders who want to bullet proof their body and become more injury resilient.
- Riders who want an intelligent strength training program designed specifically for cyclists.
- Riders who do not necessarily have access to a full gym and want to work out at home/ while travelling and with a minimal amount of equipment.
How it works
The program is managed within our FTP Training HUB. Accessing this 12 week plan is included in your CLUB membership where you will get access to the HUB where the session outlines, videos and detailed descriptions of each exercise are laid out in an easy to follow format, along with pdf downloads each week.
“It goes without saying that time on the bike is needed and it will improve your leg strength and aerobic capacity, but that is only one part of the story.”
Meet your Instructor
Associate Coach & Qualified Personal Trainer
Sarah Hunter is a published strength coach, writing for Bicycling Australia magazine and Mountain Biking Australia magazine.
She works with the best Strength and Conditioning coaches in the US to make sure her plans and exercises are cutting edge. Never content to sit back on her laurels she is always striving to be at the forefront of strength and conditioning applicable to athletes.
But why this program? The internet is awash with online strength and conditioning programs. This program has been specifically designed for cyclists. Most online strength and conditioning packages are purely designed with general hypertrophy in mind, meaning that you will get strong and possibly quite big, but that strength will not translate to strength on the bike.
These programs are designed to get you strong, but not heavy; ripped, but not bulky; bullet proof but not sore.
She coaches a range of athletes from top 10 Enduro riders to Commonwealth games athletes as well as many master and age group athletes who want results driven intelligent strength training to take their riding to the next level.
What you need
- Resistence Bands
- Weighted plate
Get Access to the Training Program
The 12 week Strength & Conditioning Program is included as part of the FTP Training CLUB membership.
Want to learn more about what else is included with your CLUB membership?
Have questions? check out our FAQs
How should I structure these sessions around my riding?
I am sick or cannot complete a week, what should I do?
Can I do these sessions at home or when I'm travelling?
Absolutely yes. This training plan has been specifically designed so that you don’t need a gym or expensive equipment to complete them.