12 Week Training Program - Reef to Reef
TRAIN SMART = MAXIMUM FROTH:
A multi-day stage race needs more than just a good level of fitness. With each day a different mix of punishing climbs, wicked long descents and single track throw up the challenges. With the need to backup fresh each day your training needs to prepare you specificity for these demands.
This 12-week training program is designed to cover exactly that. The methodology we use to coach winners and grinners like the Motion MTB team, National champions like Cam Ivory, Peta Mullens and master’s riders of all abilities, these plans will help you be your very best come race day. We all like to conquer the course, beat our PB’s or smash our mates. With a proven track record in making people awesome these training programs are tailored specifically for everyone’s availability, skill and current fitness level.
Don’t just take our word for it check out what riders in the Cape to Cape and Port to Port have been saying for the past 3 years.
This is NOT AN ‘OFF THE SHELF PLAN’ and they will get you to the start line ready to go.
WHAT YOU GET
- Guaranteed Increase in performance
- Structured training process to follow
- Simple process & structure for you to follow
- Coaching from leading MTB coaches
- 12 week Training Program – tailored to your availability (6, 9, 12 hours) and the demands of the Reef to Reef race
- Each week of training, you’ll receive further tips, checklists, and advice on all things that’ll improve your R2R experience
- Videos & weekly motivation from Head Frother, Mark Fenner & other experts
- Leading up to the event you’ll also receive further advice on nailing your Reef to Reef race
HOW IT WORKS
- After purchasing, you’ll receive a questionnaire so we can tailor your training program based on 6, 9, or 12 hours per week training load.
- 12 weeks before the event you begin your training. You receive your training program each weekend for the following week along with extra media appropriate for that weeks’ training (e.g. bike skills, bike setup, nutrition etc.).
- Depending on your package level, you’ll also get access to the 3 webinars for the event + coach consultations to review your progress & answer any questions.
About Reef to Reef
The Reef to Reef MTB aim to make the four stages around a total of 220km in length, with the various stages ranging from 40-70km. While the course is designed to challenge the top elite riders, the course is really set to suit riders of all levels of mountain biking ability. Whether you are picking up a mountain bike for the first time or have raced all over the world, the Reef to Reef MTB course will put a smile on your face!
Countdown to race
Countdown to start of training
Training has begun!!
Get notified about a 2020 R2R Training Program
(available to buy shortly in January 2020)
NOT SURE WHICH PROGRAM?
Why should I upgrade to the Bronze Plan?
Each Bronze plan comes with media/video content specific to the Reef to Reef that was filmed with many of the FTP Training coached riders and Port to Port/Cape to Cape winners, like Peta Mullens, Mark Tupalski and Chris Hamilton. Each week’s media covers a huge amount of training related information like strength and conditioning, stretching, nutrition, MTB skills, race tactics, mental skills, bike set up all specific to the Reef to Reef. Fenz who has also raced the Reef to Reef covers course analysis and pacing strategies for each stage.
As well as all this you are also able to login to the monthly webinars with an FTP Training coach to cover more training related information to help you be the best you can come race day and answer questions and provide any help they can.
What if I have little time to train?
What if I want more coach contact?
Still unsure which level to buy?
Ask a question:
Event 12 Week Testimonials
The 12-week training program was well worth the price of admission (entering Port to Port before the cut off time) not just for setting useful targeted workouts but also for the extra content provided in videos on various topics from nutrition to mindset and even about how to train when you are under the weather. I will definitely consider upsizing to the monthly coaching plans with FTP Training for next year based on this years’ experience.
I really loved this training program it really made me get quicker and work harder. And to be honest I didn’t even realise till I raced that I was getting quicker. Thanks guys I would highly recommend and use you guys again
The P2P FTP training program was the perfect program for the weekend warrior to hit some early training targets and keep motivated in a regular training pattern in preparation for the event. Highly recommended.
Awesome program and the information was extremely helpful. I will be using FTP again and again made my experience of the Port to Port that much better.
Fantastic enthusiasm from ftp. Enabled me to approach my objectives with clarity and confidence.
The last time I followed an FTP program in 2010 I had my best results I’ve ever had. After a long layoff I set myself the goal of getting back into racing by doing the Port to Port. Although my race fitness was a long way off my best I felt the 12-week program was really effective to restore some of my old fitness. Like a lot of us, I’m time poor and the FTP program was a very efficient way to build the best fitness possible in the shortest time.